I’m writing an argumentative essay and my topic is ” Representative democracy is detrimental to society.”
My reasons for this include
- Creates a false sense of control over the government
- Since leaders come from society, people have a false notion that they too can be a leader one day
- Creates a group of ruling elite
I need to cite outside works. I need quote from “experts” to back these reasons up. If anyone has any ideas, I’m all ears.
I’m LITERALLY just about to go to bed.
but if you have time I’ll post some stuff from Mencken’s Notes On Democracy tomorrow
also Felix Morley’s Freedom and Federalism (which I JUST finished) has a lot to say about democracy, most of it negative but very insightful
- ricochet-raye reblogged this from tuckfheman
- ricochet-raye likes this
- alfoxus likes this
- diabsoule reblogged this from maxlibertarios and added:
- sugashane reblogged this from eltigrechico and added:
- freexcitizen likes this
- maxlibertarios reblogged this from eltigrechico and added:
- eltigrechico reblogged this from maxlibertarios and added:
- student-for-an-anarchist-society reblogged this from maxlibertarios
- student-for-an-anarchist-society likes this
- deadeyedix said: This is pretty good if you substitute Right-Wing Authoritarian to Statist Authoritarian and he has lots of sources. members.shaw.ca/jeanalt…
- kristi-korpse likes this
- thearmedgentleman said: Rothbard has a shit-ton of essays regarding this. I think mises.org has all of his work in PDF format.